NX2 install questions

Information about Nikon Capture NX: Users experiences, updates, tutorials, links, etc...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

SeanMartin
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

NX2 install questions

Post by SeanMartin »

I have followed your NX2 install instructions, but am still unable to get it to function. After uninstalling NX2, I downloaded each component you linked and ran the install. I then reinstalled NX2 and continue to receive the same error message when I try to open an image: "Capture NX2 has stopped working". Any suggestions?
Stany Buyle

Re: NX2 install questions

Post by Stany Buyle »

I'll try to make time for this somewhere in the next days.
It will be suggestions, no guaranteed solutions of course, while I cannot be in front of your PC.
kindest regards,

Stany
I like better one good shot in a day than 10 bad ones in a second...
http://www.fotografie.cafe
Stany Buyle

Post by Stany Buyle »

********************************************************************************************
Legal disclaimer: This article is meant as a help for people who have problems installing Capture NX2 based on the experiences of another ordinary NX2 software user. The owner of this website nor the author of this topic have any responsability in possible problems or loss of data you may encounter while installing software and/or updates in the way as it is described.
The information written in this article are findings of a user, they are not meant as an official tutorial by any means.
We advice strongly to make all necessary backups of all your files BEFORE starting installation of new software and/or updates.

********************************************************************************************
SeanMartin wrote:I have followed your NX2 install instructions, but am still unable to get it to function. After uninstalling NX2, I downloaded each component you linked and ran the install. I then reinstalled NX2 and continue to receive the same error message when I try to open an image: "Capture NX2 has stopped working". Any suggestions?
Good moring Sean,

Some questions...
  • Did you first uninstall Nikon software completely? Also in the register?
Installation procedure and steps after a not-working previous NX2 install:
  • Did you restart the computer after that?
  • Did you install all indicated running components as I indicate? Don't install more tahn necessary neither...
  • Did you restart the computer after that?
  • Than install the Nikon software again and try if it works.
Possible gereral conflicting problems or compatibility issues:

Did you check possible conflicts between other programs on your PC?

If you run Win7 64 bit, are all programs you run 64bit compatible? Windows warns in upcoming windows about this, as well during your OS setup as during any new install about "known compatibility issues".
  • Check the version of your windows installer.

Possible corrupt NEF file in your photo files:
This can create big troubles and NX2 crashes. I will write soon my findings about this based on a sample of a corrupted NEF file sens to me by someone who said it's impossibble to use selection points on particular areas that file...
I debugged the file and did after that a demo of over 500 individual PP actions on that file, in approx 25 PP steps...
In the underneath file you see 59 duplicated selection points.
The persons on the picture have been made unrecognisable.

Hope this helps.
x
x
----------------------------------------------------------
If you would like to join this forum, everybody is welcome!, just not anonymous.
You can read how to join this forum here.

Activation to become a registered member you can do yourself just by clicking on the registration button and fill the required fields, while to become an affiliated member who can post pictures, start topics, react to other topics and have access to some supplementary information and download of original files, your initial registration has to be activated by a moderator of this board.
We would be very happy to activate your registration.
Activation of an affiliated forum member account can take upto 48 hours.

Sincerely yours,
Rita B, site owner.
----------------------------------------------------------
kindest regards,

Stany
SeanMartin
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by SeanMartin »

Thank you so much for your efforts. I wound up just restoring windows to it's original install. I then installed all your patches and NX 2. I have made a tentative test and it does launch and open files. It seems to be working.

Sean Martin
http://www.seanmartinphoto.com
Stany Buyle

Update 2010.08.24: [b]Nikon released Capture NX v 2.2.5

Post by Stany Buyle »

Update 2010.08.24: Nikon released Capture NX v 2.2.5, click here for download info.
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

:!: :!: This topic has been written in relation to Capture NX2 v. 2.2.4 :!: :!:
kindest regards,

Stany