Portrait of Freinds

Here affiliated forum members can post pictures...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Portrait of Freinds

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

I held my 2nd photo workshop today to teach some other local photographers in the New Jersey area how to use off camera lighting. We took a trip to Fairmount Park in Philadelphia to take these. Fairmount park was given a bunch of Japanese Cherry trees (Sakura) and they were all in full bloom today. Here are some of my results from the day's shooting. I hope you like them.

Chris
http://www.bushidophto.com

ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Portrait of Freinds

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

danm_cool
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by danm_cool »

nice, the 6th and the 8th are my favs!
Leen Koper
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Post by Leen Koper »

I am pretty much interested in your strobist technique. Could you explain it a little or give us some links about it that inspired you?
Aren't you forced to use wideangle lenses because the subject distance needs to be short?
(And, as an extra question, what is the address of the attractive woman in the last images? :D )
ChrisBergstrom
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Post by ChrisBergstrom »

My strobist technique is quite simple once you get the hang of it. I shoot exclusively in manual mode. Adjust the shutter speed to brighten or darken the ambient light, aperture to adjust flash exposure and then factor in changes in flash to subject distance. When you move the flash closer or further away you need to compensate with an adjustment to your f/stop. I used one 40" soft box for these shots (most of them) and a grid spot for one or two of them. I used a 24-70mm lens to get most or all of the body in the shot and so I didn't have to stand 30 feet away from the subjects. I like interacting with my subjects and this lens enabled that. The woman in the last photo is married, sorry! :D Thanks for the questions and I hope these answer your questions. For more inspiration, look up the "Onelight Workshop" by Zack Arias, he's my true inspiration!

Chris