Windows 8.1 ... I want my money back !

Information about hardware & software, firmware updates, internet, problems and solutions.

Moderator: Stany Buyle

Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Windows 8.1 ... I want my money back !

Post by Stany Buyle »

From Windows 3.1 back in 1994 over Win95 & Win98, Win 2000, XP, Vista until Windows 7 on multiple PCs we used to be a happy windows user family....
While the SSD on my wife's PC (which was running on Vista) crashed early this week, I wanted to upgrade the OS and I bought -very unfortunately- Windows 8.1 and not Windows 7 ultimate as I have already on another system.
After OS install and using Windows 8.1 for a couple of hours this seems -by far- the worst Windows version I ever used. From being forced to connect with a Microsoft ID to go on the internet or even start my PC, search the menu in the corners or while pushing the mouse cursor to the right border, a start button that is nearly un-findable and all that stupid apps on my starting screen...
Working on a PC with Win 8.1 installed brings down your productivity significantly compared to Win 7.
I paid 119 euros for this Win 8.1 shit for returning at least a decade in PC usability. Even Windows 2000 is better and much more functional than this c r a p OS... Who the hell designed this? Did all capable people left MS after Bill Gates retired?

It is very clear to me that MS designed this OS initially for tablets and smartphones where a touch screen is basic. When it was ready someone at MS financial department probably came up with the idea to release the same OS as an easy money making successor for Windows 7. On a company or family PC with classic mouse this doesn't work though, or in a very uncomfortable way...

I want my money back!

Thanks for your attention,
Kindest regards,
Stany
Stany Buyle

Start8 & cloud shit...

Post by Stany Buyle »

Start8 from Stardock solved most of my trouble. But it's not free.
Lost a full day because of this WIN 8 misery. :evil: :twisted: :cry:
One of the things that annoy me most is how MS, just like Adobe want to redirect users to their cloud applications, which I dislike VERY much. Forcing users to cloud is a violation of the right for privacy, probably inspired and sponsored by NSA...
It's my computer and I do not want to be connected to the internet all the time. I often compare the extensive use of social media with exhibitionism, and in my mind, exhibitionism is strictly forbidden.
Kindest regards,
Stany
Leen Koper

Re: Windows 8.1 ... I want my money back !

Post by Leen Koper »

This posting comes straight from my heart too !!!!!!
Gino
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Re: Windows 8.1 ... I want my money back !

Post by Gino »

I'm a very pleased Apple user since 2005, never looked back since.
Nikon D3s, Nikon Df & Nikon F4s with a bunch off quality Nikon glass
Fujifilm X100, X-E1 & X-Pro1 XF14mm, XF35mm, XF18-55mm & XF55-200mm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikongino/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stany Buyle

More Win 8.1 misery: epson printer install...

Post by Stany Buyle »

This is becoming a real joke: An all in one Epson 7400 printer isn't recognized by Win 8.1 and refuses to function. :oops:
Win 8.1 looks more and more like Win 95 and 98 those days... :lol:
[youtube][/youtube]

I uninstalled numerous times this printer and after a restart it does not recognize this printer whereas W7 and Vista has no problem with this action.
Printer drivers on the English Epson site are not working neither...
One website advised to update Win 8.1, what I did. Still not working... :cry:

Found the final solution after loosing more hours with this misery on a website after googling "problems with epson printer setup in Win 8.1-64bit": Download the Win 7-64 driver on a Win 7 OS PC system on a stick and install them on your Win 8.1 computer.
This finally worked flawless from the first trial.

Unbelievable...

Kindest regards,
Stany
DiederikVP
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Relax... You are not the only unhappy Win 8 user

Post by DiederikVP »

Vincent De Vos
AFFILIATED MEMBER

This might help...

Post by Vincent De Vos »

Passioned by beautiful pictures, not a very active photographer though...
Regards,
Vincent

PS I use google translate a lot to write better English. So, if mistake, I's google, not me. ;)
Stany Buyle

Phoned to MS France...

Post by Stany Buyle »

After having been send around for a while between telephone operators at MS France with my question if I can get a Win7 license key in exchange for my Win8.1 license, he told me that the only solution is to buy a new Win7 key somewhere in a shop or online. :oops:

I'm going to examine Mac system tonight. I feel it's time to move.
Vincent De Vos
AFFILIATED MEMBER

Classic Shell for Windows 8.1

Post by Vincent De Vos »

Passioned by beautiful pictures, not a very active photographer though...
Regards,
Vincent

PS I use google translate a lot to write better English. So, if mistake, I's google, not me. ;)